The Department of Theatre Arts at the University of Pittsburgh is seeking a Master Electrician/Shop Foreman, to begin August 2018. This is a full-time 9-month equivalent position. The Shop Foreman/Master Electrician works alongside the Technical Director and student workers in the execution of the load in, hang, focus, tech, and strike of a five-show season.
Qualifications: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is a must, preferably in technical theatre or theatrical design.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read lightplot and set design drawings
- Experience in hang/focus, lightboards, and LED fixtures
- Organizational skills in lighting and scene shop upkeep
- Supervision experience of student technicians
- Skills in scenery construction
- Basic knowledge of sound equipment set-up
- Model appropriate safety practices to students
Visit Pitt Source to apply. For questions please contact Ashley Martin.